Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Friends question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lacherig's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2005
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think of the friends as part of the main girl's collection. I'd much rather have AG expand the core girl's collection instead of making things for the friend doll.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think of them as just subsets of the main collection, sort of like an expansion pack. Nellie is in the same time period as Samantha, and Elizabeth is in the same period as Felicity. So no, they're not separate collections.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I faced this dilemma when Nellie was first released and it took me a year to finally come up with an answer. As a Samantha completist, I couldn't decide if Nellie was a part of Sam's collection, which would obligate me to get her, or if she was her own separate doll. I finally concluded that she IS a part of Samantha's collection because the two girls are such integral parts of each others' lives in the books. After all, they end up as sisters! Hence, I now have a Nellie living at my house. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    I wish, though, that the friend dolls would be treated more as their own dolls with separate collections. It would be much nicer for those girls who want the friend doll but not the main one. I think they're doing a much better job at this with Elizabeth than they are with Nellie. Elizabeth essentially has her own bedroom set. Nellie's only accessory, besides her meet accessories, is the Lydia doll - a doll that originally belonged to Samantha. Granted, Lydia has very special meaning to Nellie, but she really doesn't have anything that is all her own except clothes. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree completely with Nethilia. I feel like they are seperate yet connected. Elizabeth isn't necessarily part of Felicity's collection but is more of an add on. The expansion pack was a good analogy.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 14, 2006 05:40 PM: Message edited by: agcollector293110 ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always want them to release more historical outfits--period! However, I much prefer the "every day" type dresses to fancy dresses my dolls will rarely rare, for example, Samantha's Bridesmaid dress.

    For those of you who want more "everyday" clothes for the friend dolls and neglected dolls (Josefina, Kirsten, Addy) I'd suggest looking at www.dolliesdressmaker.com . Some of her outfits are pricey, but there are enough really cute reasonable ones worth looking at. I've ordered from her several times before and always have been happy with the result [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you consider the ?friends? dolls to be their own doll, or part of the main girl?s collection?

    In the ?what?s new? post someone mentioned Nellie didn?t get a new dress- but to me, Nellie is part of Sam?s collection- which is plenty large! Elizabeth is part of Felicity?s collection. Am I the only one who see?s it this way?

    Maybe it??s just because I haven??t totally fallen in love with the friends, but I really just see them as an addition to the collection, not a new historical.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with you.

    Nellie doesn't NEED that many outfits, she and Sam share, and together they have over 20 outfits. That's quite a lot. It would be nice to see a few more "matching" outfits, though. No reason why Nellie couldn't have gotten a new outfit this time, in a different color, and they could just share the bike.

    When Elizabeth was released, her collection was much larger than Nellie's. Fair? Yes, perfectly, given how many less outfits Felicity has when compared to Samantha.

    I have both the friend dolls, and will probably be gettng Ruthie and Emily in the future. There's no reason to NOT release new outfits for them, but I definitely don't think they need a new outfit everytime the core girl gets a new one.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think of the friends as separate, but associated with that particular main character. I really think they should have more of their own outfits and I'm not even that into the friends concept myself, but that may be because they don't have much. I know that my 10-year-old daughter is interested Nellie, yet she always comments on the fact that her collection is so small which is somewhat of a turn-off for her. (I should be glad.)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess I think of the friends as part of the same collection but I don't think they should have to share everything. My daughter can't wait until they come out with a Speaking Rain doll and that is becasue Kaya was her first and isn't quite complete without Speaking Rain. Who know maybe by then they will make a two-hawks doll as well~~doubt it though. Anyways I think if they were completely seperate they might dive like a bad spin-off show. They need to be tied to one anther. JMO

  10. #10
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    I just think of them as part of the main historical girl's collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •